Lost health, or acquired sickness?



Is the glass half empty? Or is the glass half full?

There are many ways to look at a glass of water, and this worldview of ours determines our actions.


Similarly, do you lose health, or do you acquire sickness?

This is important to investigate because the way we look at health determines our relationship with the body. If you believe that the problem lies with lost health, you would ask ‘How did I lose my health?’; If you believe that diseases such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol are acquired, you would then ask, ‘How do I treat this disease?’. 


These are completely different frames of mind. One empowers you to seek the root cause of the problem and make impactful lifestyle changes; The other leads you to resign to the fact that you have the disease, and proceed to mask the symptoms with medications whilst continuing with detrimental lifestyle habits that likely contributed to the disease.


I invite you to investigate how you view your health. Ask yourself: 'How did I lose my health?', and 'What can I do to rebuild my health?'. You won't know the answers immediately, and you don't have to. Planting this seed of awareness is a great start. 


Comments

Popular Posts